Sunday, June 10, 2007

 

What - Me Worry?


I've been avoiding using Windows as much as possible, especially since the advent of "Windows Genuine Advantage" which is an onerous anti-piracy program that comes with each copy of Windows.

Unfortunately, I have to use Windows for my clients, and today I finally relented and clicked OK to it installing a new security update or whatever.

And what happened?

Windows Genuine Advantage went through the entire installation process, then proceeded to abort (see above). I had to kill the program with Task Manager. Now I'm paranoid that it is going to give me a bunch of crap about my copy of Windows not being "genuine." Mmm, about that "genuine advantage" that I was supposed to be getting, it appears the only advantage belongs to Microsoft (and even then...).


Microsoft, you need to keep your customers in mind above your own needs. If you're going to put crap like Genuine Advantage on your operating system, make sure it works cleanly and seamlessly. I don't want error messages like this, and I'm sure other Windows users don't either.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?